I love the feel of this cover as we look into the lady’s mind and search for? what? It offers a great example of how a centered picture can be made to work in the right context. Mostly, this works because of its amazing colors and it’s visceral and deep meaning—and we assume the stories are too. This is visual storytelling.
Looking at the cover of this book, the reader is immediately drawn into an epic world of fantasy. With a fantastic use of layering to create depth and aptly using the images of fear, it captures the mood of both power and zealously.
Book Cover Competition
The 5 x Prizes
1) The Winning Book Cover will be placed on Cassie’s Blog for 1 year under the title “The 2021 Book Cover of the Year”
2) The Winning Book Cover will be featured as the Cover Photo on the Facebook Page Cassie Loves Covers for 1 Year. A page that showcases unique and creative cover art from all over the world.
3) The Winning Book Cover will also be placed in the Facebook group Just Great Books for 1 year as the pinned post. A group where readers and writers give regular feedback on covers.
4) The Winning Book Cover will be used as the Header Photo & Pinned Post on the Twitter Account Cassie Loves Covers for 1 Full Year.
5) The Winning Book Cover will be Posted on the Instagram Account Cassie Loves Art.
Please email the URLs that goes directly to your e-book cover image.
Also provide the title of your ebook, print book or audio book.
Also provide your Name and Email.
You also have the option of providing a Designer credit.
So simply pay the entry fee and email your details to : email@example.com
Click the Paypal link below and pay the €5 entry fee.
Reading books is not only something I love, it is also my passion. When I’m not blogging, I work for a firm that does strategic marketing and crisis management – So I know a little something about the importance of a good picture and staying organised. It pays for every author to have a book cover that grabs the interest of those looking for some new reading material. A lot of readers will purchase on impulse, so a great cover has to pack a punch! So why not enter your book into the: Cassie’s Cover of the Year 2020
Let’s face it, if people didn’t actually “judge books by their covers” there would be a lot of graphic designers out of a job. Like an album cover, a book cover is a crucial element of the reading experience.
A book cover is the first thing you see when determining whether or not to pick up a book. One of my favourite Facebook groups is Just Great Books where people can, and do, post some great covers. My Blog has some of the best book covers around 😀
Hope you enjoy